Looking for ways to take action?
- *NEW* Download and share A Guide for Parents: Advocating for Your Child in the Early Years. DEY has collaborated with United Opt Out to produce this fantastic new resource.
- Take our online Survey of PreK – 3rd Grade Teachers (Please note, this survey is closed for this school year – stay tuned for a new survey in the fall.)
- Download and share our:
- Position Paper – Standards and Testing for Young Children.
- DEY Early Childhood Platform for Save our Schools – August 2012
- 1 page handout
- DEY Flyer
4. Join our email list – send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Visit FairTest.org to join the Assessment Reform Network, download their Organizing Tool Kit, and more.
6. Sign and share AFT’s (American Federation of Teachers) petition at Learning is More Than a Test Score.
7. Are you a doctoral student looking for a research focus? Consider action research that helps us take steps toward becoming a more just society, especially one that protects and supports all of the nation’s young children equitably. For example,
- explore the link between family income and school success, and study how the inability of the U.S. to provide a strong welfare safety net contributes to school failure.
- compare our nation to other wealthy nations on scales of child well-being, and study how that impacts success in school.
- take a close look at early childhood professional leadership. Explore the situation we are in today – where our field is lacking strong leadership and a voice that speaks for the best education for our nation’s young children.