The first step which a toddler takes towards knowledge and education is learning to read. Unlike, past times, when parents bought several books, made flashcards, and did a lot of other things to develop the interest of their kids in reading, in present times, things have become a tad bit simpler. Nowadays, technology is something which is an unavoidable part of our lives, be it an adult or a kid.
Best Apps That Help Kids Learn To Read
If you are tired of reducing the screen time of your kid and forcing them to learn to read, then we have a superb idea for you. Rather than making them give up their screen time completely, use it wisely, to make it more productive. There are several amazing and useful apps available which can be a great help in assisting your child to learn to read. Using these apps can solve your problem.
These apps use innovative and fun techniques to make your child learn reading which keeps the child interested and engaged as well. Continue reading some of the best apps that can help your kid learn to read!
Learning to read can get a lot easier with reading raven. This app follows a step by step curriculum, which will help your child to develop their reading skills at their own pace.
- What’s Special: The app makes sure to make the child feel comfortable and even features multi-sensory reading games which make reading even more fun and engaging for the kids.
- Age group: The app is ideal for kids who are three to seven years old.
Learn with Homer
The app comes with over 100 hours of learning lessons. Other than that, new content is added a week in and week out which makes it even more fun for the curious young learners. It is one great, top-rated, and research-backed app that motivates the kids highly.
- What’s Special: This app is based on Harvard and Stanford research. Being the winner of the 2015 Teacher’s choice gold award, it is revealed that this app can improve your child reading scores by up to 74%.
- Age group: The app is best for kids belonging to the two to eight years age group.
As the name suggests, the whole idea behind this app is centered around the Montessori learning method. Moreover, the app comes with a set of 320 – word, image, audio and phonic combinations.
- What’s special: Other than helping your kid to learn how to read, this app will also be a great tool to hone both the writing as well as spelling skills of your child.
- Age group: This app will prove to be good for three to eight years old kids.
The app has a simple design and is equipped with attractive as well as funny pictures which further enhances the learning experience of your precious ones. Moreover, back in the year 2009, this app was even nominated for the best educational app, which again shows how good the app is.
- What’s special: The app lifts the spirits of the young learners to answer correctly in various ways. For instance, on every correct answer, there is a real voice appreciation and the app also automatically changes color after five consequent correct answers.
- Age group: The app is great for kids belonging to the age group of two to seven years old.
Starfall Learn to Read
The curriculum for this popular app begins with the alphabets in ‘learn to read’ part of the app. Then it is carried forward with vowel sounds and comprehension learning in the two other parts of the Starfall apps which are- It’s Fun to Read and ‘I’m Reading’. Moreover, the app is available for both iOS as well as Android users.
- What’s Special: The app uses innovative methods such as fun read-along, letter matching games, and a lot more to promote learning.
- Age group: The app will prove to be of good use for kids who belong to the two to eight years old age group.
One of the basic steps for reading well is to understand the different sounds that each of the letters makes. This is exactly what you will get from this app. The app gives a lot of emphasis on the sounds and the letter teaching your kid all the fundamentals of reading.
- What’s special: Learning to read is made fun by including innovative exercises. There are over 150 pictures as well as phonics which makes the whole process of reading a lot easier.
- Age group: The app is ideal for three to seven-year-old kids.
We hope that these apps boost your kid’s learning to read the process!
Lacey Arlo is a wellness expert and a nutritionist who aims to help members with health and diet queries. Lacey Arlo has worked with junior, national, and Olympic-level athletes by providing them with customizing programmers, supplement strategies, and support during their travel and competition. From weight management, PCOD, thyroid-related weight loss, and nutrition for children to diets for pregnant and diets for senior citizens, She offers nutrition-aided solutions for different age groups with consideration for each person’s unique health demands.