Humans are expected to have some anxiety and depression in their life due to certain reasons. However, it becomes fatal when it continues on for a long time and ruins your day-to-day activities. When your body is too stressed your body behaves in a certain way which is called Anxiety.
11 Natural Remedies For Your Anxiety And Depression
Depression is a combination of many medical illnesses which affect how you feel in a negative manner or the way you act. Both anxiety and depression are treatable both with the help of a doctor or by simple house hacks.
Natural tricks for anxiety and depression
- Vitamins – Vitamins are not only good for your health but also helps in many ways for treating anxiety and depression. Vitamin B (B3 and B9), B3 is used for producing an hormone known as serotonin which is produced in brain and helps in brain communication and to access the situation better. Vitamin B9 is a pregnancy supplement which helps in making B3 and keeping the brain healthy. If you have a healthy brain you can access the situation better and not be in negative mood.
- Exercise – Exercise is not just good for your physical part of the body but also for your mental part as well. Exercise helps in producing of a hormone called as endorphins in the brain which makes one feel good and lowers the case of depression and anxiety.
- Herbal Items – Many of the herbal items have been proven to lower the anxiety attacks mainly Chamomile. Kava, Passionflower, Lavender and many more. These herbal supplements are also available in the form of a pill.
- Omega 3 fatty acids – Studies have shown that people who consume Omega 3 fatty acids as a pill or through food are prone to less depression. One must consume min 1 gram for the effect to be effective. Sea food is the biggest source of omega 3 fatty acids.
- NAC (N-acetylcysteine) – It has been found that people who suffer from anxiety and depression have higher amount of oxidation in their body. NAC is used in metabolizing a hormone known as glutathione. Glutathione is considered as the biggest source of antioxidants in our body and helps to get rid of extra oxidation and is also highly effective against inflammatory cells.
- Saffron – Saffron is available in every household kitchen but what’s interesting is the antioxidant quantity it possesses, which is highly affective against depression and anxiety. This is one of the reasons why saffron is given more to pregnant women as they are prone to anxiety and depression faster than normal people. This saffron added in milk or consumed raw is the best and simple home remedy against anxiety and depression.
- Vitamin D – It has been observed that people with low vitamin D are prone to depression more. Vitamin D is readily available in many food substances and is also obtained from sunlight. Early morning sunlight has high amounts of vitamin D in them. Vitamin D helps in regulating mood, fighting inflammation also helps to recover from neurocognitive dysfunction.
- Zinc – Another important nutrient which can be obtained from fruits and vegetables which are highly affective against depression is zinc. Zinc boosts your antioxidant production and anti-inflammatory processes.
- Lower your caffeine intake – If you are a regular coffee drinker than you should lower your caffeine intake as caffeine may cause worse anxiety disorders.
- Get Good sleep – Insomnia is a big symptom of depression and anxiety issue. One must follow regular sleep cycle in order to get quality sleep, Avoid caffeine and large meals prior to your sleeping time. Keep your sleeping area dark and at appropriate temperature so that you are comfortable.
- Aromatherapy – Aromatherapy is one of the most effective way in dealing with depression and anxiety issues. Studies have shown that aromatherapy helps in making a person calm and better mental health. Aromatherapy also helps you to sleep well, increase your heart rate and controls the blood pressure.
By following the above-listed methods one can easily overcome anxiety and depression at home. However, it is to be noted that if the above methods do not help do consult a professional who is better suited to guide you in these problems.
Amanda Wingfield is a certified Diabetes Management Specialist who also holds an MD in Endocrinology, with certifications from ABIM and AACE. She has a decade of experience serving thousands of patients through her independent practice and has been working in the capacity of an expert diabetes consultant for the past 4 years. Ms. Wingfield is revered by her regular readers for her in-depth research and evidence-based analysis of diabetes medications, supplements, and treatments, and her highly critical style of writing.