Extra and unhealthy weight results in the deposition of fat layers around different parts of the body. In this modern era where packed food and preservatives are added to almost every edible product, it is difficult to maintain a healthy diet.
How To Lose Weight For Kids Safely?
Children are the future of our next generations. We have to keep them healthy to face various situations in life. But sometimes it is difficult to maintain a strict schedule for our kids resulting in many health conditions such as unhealthy weight, obesity, etc. We have to find a solution so that we can keep them healthy and future-ready.
The question is what can we do as parents? There are many other questions that people are asking globally to keep their kids healthy but according to them the solutions for it are limited. We can start by increasing awareness and educating parents about it.
What is fat?
Fat is a compound found in humans and is divided into two broad categories. The categories are mentioned below:
- Unsaturated fats: According to various data it is considered a good fat. These groups contain monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats. Unsaturated fats reduce the risk of developing various diseases. We can consume this fat through nuts, fish, seeds, soy, olive and canola.
- Trans fat: It is considered bad fat. This fat can increase the chances to develop many deadly diseases in the body. Trans fat is extremely unhealthy for humans so many manufacturers are trying to reduce their quantities of edible products.
- Saturated fats: They are more unhealthy as compared to unsaturated fats. Humans can consume these fats in moderate quantities to maintain a healthy body. We can consume them through cheese, butter, ice cream and red meat.
How can kids lose belly fat?
Kids can easily burn fat as they are more energetic and passionate than adults. We can motivate our kids to accommodate healthy lifestyle choices in their diet that can help them to lose fat. Some tips for losing belly fat are mentioned below:
- Encourage kids to participate in daily exercises or games.
Daily exercise is good for the overall structural development of kids. Proper exercise schedules can help in maintaining a healthy weight. They can also practice sports to enjoy their day and maintain a healthy lifestyle. Children can play sports such as:
- Roller skating
Proper workout schedules can make their bones healthy. Adequate bone and tissue development are required for maintaining proper functions of the body.
- Plan the meals of your kids according to their body requirements.
You can help them in losing belly fat by planning their meals. We need to eat properly as it provides us with the energy to do our daily chores. You must plan every meal in a balanced way so that your child can get adequate nutrition.
A balanced diet is a key to a healthy lifestyle. The proper amount of protein, fats, vitamins, minerals, water, and roughage is required for energy production.
- Count the calories your child is consuming.
You can do the weight loss process by counting the daily calories that your child is consuming. Calories are essential for maintaining a proper diet but excess of it can cause trouble to health.
You can start by including healthy calories in your child’s diet. There are many ways to start the accommodation of healthy calories such as using more vegetables, fruits, and protein in their diet to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Drink more water.
Water is a resource that can be beneficial for our kids in losing weight if we use it properly. It can eliminate unwanted particles and debris from the body resulting in a clean system. You must encourage your children to consume at least eight to ten gases of water daily. Proper water consumption results in loss of excessive weight, resulting in enhanced concentration and weight maintenance.
- Try to add more protein to the diet.
Protein is the source of energy and it can stimulate the growth hormone that can help the body to break excess fat. Edible products such as eggs, pulses, fish, and lean meat are rich sources of protein.
- You can also minimise the consumption of salt and sugar in your child’s diet.
Excessive usage of salt and sugar in the diet results in belly fat. Food products such as candies, cakes, cookies are rich sources of sugar. You can encourage your kid to consume low sugar-containing and
healthy foods. Kids can consume food products such as fruit puree, fruit ice pops, sandwiches, etc. that are healthy and more fulfilling.
What are the disadvantages of belly fat?
The layer of fat on any body part is harmful to the system. It is important to follow diets and schedules to get rid of them. The cases of child obesity and belly fat are increasing day by day. Some of the major disadvantages of belly fat are mentioned below:
- Low self-esteem
Our body can be the major source of our happiness. Sometimes the fat layers around the body can lower the self-esteem of your child. Peer pressure and competition among the students can be other sources of low self-esteem.
- It can cause problems to the heart.
Our heart is the major organ for supplying oxygenated blood to the body. Deposition of the fat layer around the heart can lead to problems such as atherosclerosis, heart failure, thrombosis, etc.
- Damage to the liver, kidney and other major systems of the body.
Deposition of fat around the liver can cause a condition known as fatty liver. Many stages are involved in the fatty liver. Excessive damage to the liver due to a fat deposition can cause problems such as liver cancer.
What are the benefits of fats?
Fat is an insulating layer around the various body parts that can protect us from various external and internal stimuli. Some of the major benefits of fats are mentioned below:
- Formation of the lipid membrane.
- Transportation across the tissues.
- Provides insulation to the body.
- Fats are rich sources of energy.
- It can protect from various harmful stimuli and provide resistance.
Lacey Arlo is a wellness expert and a nutritionist who aims to help members with health and diet queries. Lacey Arlo has worked with junior, national, and Olympic-level athletes by providing them with customizing programmers, supplement strategies, and support during their travel and competition. From weight management, PCOD, thyroid-related weight loss, and nutrition for children to diets for pregnant and diets for senior citizens, She offers nutrition-aided solutions for different age groups with consideration for each person’s unique health demands.