Hair is one of the key essential for an individual be in men or women everyone loves their hair. Many a times people loose their hair at quiet young age and are quite disappointed.
Studies have shown that people with good hair are more confident in their day to day life and today there are many treatments for hair regeneration in our world.
Should Medicines Or Supplements Intake Help For Hair Regrowth
There have been many cases which states their taking a particular set of vitamins or supplements will help your hair to regrow. Many have found this to be helpful while many others did not observe any such results. Doctors say that this depends on a persons body and how it reacts to it
Following supplements help your hair regrowth
- Vitamin A – Vitamin A is one of the key nutrients in maintaining a good hair and its regrowth. Vitamins A is also helpful for all cells as this helps in their growth. Vitamin A helps the skin glands to secrete an oily hormone known as sebum which keeps the scalp moisturized and helps in good hair regrowth. Vitamin A can be easily found in day to day foods like kale, spinach, yogurt, pumpkins etc..
- Vitamin B – Vitamin B has many good qualities for the body including hair growth and helps in keeping the hair strong. Vitamin B can be found in food items like meat, fish, almonds, leafy vegetables etc. Vitamins B are also water soluble, what that means is that your body cant store them in large quantities and you need to consume vitamin B on a regular basis so that it is present in your body on a adequate quantity.
- Vitamin C – Vitamin C is very much necessary for the body to create a protein called as collagen which helps in maintaining the hair structure. Body uses vitamin C to absorb iron from blood which is highly useful for hair growth. Vitamin C can be found in citric fruits and in guavas, peppers etc
- Vitamin D – It is said that and studies have shown if your body has lower levels of vitamin D it will lead to hair loss which is due to lower levels of a protein called as alopecia. Vitamin D can be easily obtained from sunlight and early morning sunlight and evening sunlight are also good for your body as well. Vitamin D can also be obtained from mushrooms, fatty fish and fortified foods as well.
- Vitamin E – Vitamin E is very helpful in producing anti oxidant which helps in regulating stress and prevents oxidation in body. In a study conducted it has been observed that people gained hair regrowth quite fast when they started taking in vitamin E tablets for 8 months. The placebo effect on the same group was found to be just 0.1% thus vitamin E is very essential for hair regrowth.
- Iron – Iron in your body helps RBC (Red blood cells) to transport oxygen to all your cells. This makes iron of the most important nutrient for your hair regrowth. Iron deficiency leads to hair loss and also leads to major diseases like anemia.
Iron deficiency is more observed in women than men. Iron can be found in food items like eggs, meat, spinach, oysters and green leafy vegetables as well.
- Zinc – Another important element for hair regrowth is zinc. Zinc helps the oil glands in the scalp to work efficiently keeping the hair stronger and helps to maintain them as well. Many studies have also shown that people with lower zinc levels in their body has higher hair loss as they age.
Zinc can be easily obtained from food beef, spinach, pumpkin seeds and lentils. There are many zinc tablets also available, however one should only consume those after they have visited their doctor and they have prescribed it for them.
These supplements can be easily obtained from food or there are many doctors or health professionals who can prescribe them to you after examining you.
It should be noted that you should never take supplements by your self and should always consult a doctor first, as taking them raw might have various health issues which might be life threatening as well.
You may also read : Cholesterol Treatment for Hair – All Whats and Hows